Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter Eggs


I was in the store looking at a kit to dye Easter eggs and it was $3.  That's more than the eggs!  I'd seen on Pinterest that you could dye eggs with food coloring, (which now seems like an obvious method), so I opted to skip the kit and do it myself at home.  Here's how it worked out.

I followed the McCormick directions found here.  You need boiling water, white vinegar, food coloring, and the hard boiled eggs, of course.


I added 1/2 cup boiling water and 1tsp white vinegar to a water glass, then added the dye.


There are so many choices of colors to make!

The colors we made were:
Watermelon - 24 drops red, 2 drops blue
Yellow - 20 drops yellow
Jungle Green - 14 drops green, 6 drops yellow
Blue - 20 drops blue
Plum - 10 drops red, 4 drops blue

The only color I wouldn't choose to do again is the plum.  I thought it came out too brown and only made 1 because of it.

Last year little guy was only 6 months old at Easter so he just got to watch.  This year he had a great time coloring eggs with Mr. C.


Here are our finished eggs!  Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment