Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dark Chocolate Edamame Bark


I love the dark chocolate edamame from Trader Joe's and we have been out if it for a while.  The store closest to us is 85 miles away, so I only go about ever other month.


This recipe came out of desperation!  I just had to make something similar to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Here's what I made.

Ingredients:
1 bar dark chocolate (mine was 5.29oz)
1/2 cup dry roasted edamame
1/4 cup raw almonds
1-2 tbsp flaked coconut


1. Break chocolate into pieces and place in microwaveable bowl.  Microwave 1 minute and then stir.  Continue to microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until completely melted.  I only needed 2 minutes total to melt the chocolate.

2. Stir in almonds and edamame.  Continue  until everything is coated in chocolate.



3.  Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Sprinkle with coconut flakes.


4. Put the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden up.

5.  Break apart and store in an airtight container in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment